Tuesday, July 26, 2005

dream

i have always dreamed and most of the in color. some of them are soothing, some rage, some make me laugh out loud or try to scream - only a squeek escaping my lips. occasionally i get the 'wet dream' - yea, even girls get those. when i was young i had a re-occuring dream. i dreamed my mother who died was on a ship just off shore. it was the old clipper-ship type as i remember the sails in the moonlight. a full moon. a soft beach. my beagle was with me, as he always was. the ship was close enough i could see my mother's face. she was on the bow, beckoning me toward the water, toward her. i couldn't go. i was frozen in place. i wanted to go, but i was afraid. something came out of the water and grabbed my dog. i was terrified. i couldn't see what it was, only that my dog was yelping and crying for help. the ship was drifting away. i had to decide if i was going to save my dog or go to my mother. i saved my dog. when i got back on shore, i turned around and the ship was a dot on the horizon. i always woke up crying.

No comments: